June 4, 2020
From PNLA Executive Board:
The Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA) unequivocally condemns racism and endorses the statements made by the Black Caucus of the American Library Association and other library allies to condemn and take action to dismantle “the systematic social injustices of Black people and People of Color”.
In solidarity with these efforts, PNLA is committed to examining its own practices and processes, as well as leveraging its network as a regional library association to engage the Pacific Northwest library community in critical conversations and programming on equitable access, diversity, and social justice topics.
Additional Resources and Statements
- Black Caucus of the American Library Association statement
- ALA #LibrariesRespond: http://www.ala.org/advocacy/diversity/libraries-respond
- Asian Pacific American Librarians Association statement
- REFORMA statement of solidarity
- Orbis Cascade Alliance statement:
- University of Minnesota’s: Reading Racial Justice
- Collection of Antiracist reading lists from School Library Journal