Professional growth, cross-border collaboration, camaraderie, a chance to give back to our profession… there’s a valuable opportunity we’re excited to tell you about!
PNLA has 3 openings on the Board of Directors in 2022.
Please consider nominating yourself or someone you know.
The positions are:
See below for details.
The deadline for nominations is May 6, 2022.
Nominees must be members in good standing of PNLA by the time voting takes place.
To make a nomination or for further details and information, contact Christina Brischetto, PNLA Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President / President Elect
- Serves for a three-year term and takes office at the end of the conference following election
- Assumes the office of President the following year
- Assumes the duties of the President for the remainder of the term when that office is vacated and then serves
his or her full term or office
- Serves as past president for the third year
- Assists President in planning and arranging Association programs.
- Presides at Board meetings in the absence of the President.
- Receives nominations for Honorary Life Membership.
- Investigates annual conference location two years in advance of Provincial/State host rotation.
- Facilitates the current president’s signing of contract 2 years in advance.
- Updates Orientation Document and distributes to incoming members prior to the August board meeting.
- Ensures newly elected Board members will receive a notebook containing the current version of the MOP, and minutes of the previous two Board meetings
2nd Vice President– Memberships
- Serves a two-year term, taking office at the annual conference in odd numbered years.
- Maintains membership records via WildApricot.
- Explores ways to recruit and expand membership.
- Supplies Publications Committee with membership list for Membership Directory.
- Responsible for liaison with Interest Groups.
- Supplies membership labels as required.
- Serves a two-year term, taking office at the annual conference.
- Elected in even numbered years.
- Works with the Finance Manager to review the PNLA’s financial statements, bank reconciliation statements, current paid bills, deposits, Affinipay statements and any other financial information provided by Finance Manager;
- Ensures that reports are received, monitored, and distributed correctly;
- Signs Finance Managers monthly paychecks;
- Oversees the organization’s internal controls, including Finance Manager’s compliance with applicable policies and procedures and risk management.
On a monthly basis the Finance Manager will provide the PNLA President, V. P. & Treasurer:
- Bank statements: Checking (Savings—quarterly);
- QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation Statement;
- Affinipay Statements (Wild Apricot credit card fee statement);
- Claims—Bills paid;
- Any other pertinent financial statements or financial paperwork.
- Works with the Finance Manager and President to present the yearly budget to PNLA Board at the January meeting;
- Reviews the final accounting for the annual conference when applicable;
- Preserves all official papers and deposits them in the Archives;
- Reviews the organization’s procedures for reporting problems;
- Reviews the annual 990 non-profit forms for accuracy;
- May be delegated other authority and/or duties as determined by the board.