PNLA 2019 Conference
The PNLA conference is August 7-9, 2019 and will be held in Spokane, Washington at the Centennial Hotel.
Early Bird Registration is live!
LEADERSHIP TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
A 3 hour morning workshop lead by experts from the University of Idaho Extension to help build leadership skills that will positively impact libraries and their communities.
This workshop is designed to assist people in developing a greater understanding of self, others and community. Working with Others is one segment the Leadership to Make a Difference Institute, focused on the development of basic leadership skills necessary for planning, leading and supporting positive intentional community change.
Leadership to Make a Difference Pre-Conference: $65
Tentative Conference Schedule
View the schedule here.
PNLA is using the app SCHED to display its schedule and allow conference goers to construct their our schedule, share information over social media, and view as a mobile app. You can view the tentative schedule via this link https://pnla2019.sched.com/
or by downloading the SCHED app on your mobile device via your mobile app store..
Early Bird Rates (Until July 7th):
- Leadership to Make a Difference Pre-Conference: $65
- Early Bird full conference for PNLA Members: $250
- Early Bird full conference for non-PNLA Members: $275 (includes a PNLA Membership!)
- Thursday or Friday individual day registration for PNLA Members: $125
- Thursday or Friday individual day registration for non-PNLA Members: $150
- VENDOR REGISTRATION: $250 — (more info here)
PNLA LEADS alumni will receive a $10 discount on conference registration.
Contact the conference chair for the LEADS conference discount code – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The city of Spokane is served by the Spokane Airport a short 15 minute drive away.
The conference hotel is the Centennial Hotel located downtown along the Spokane River. The conference hotel rate is $128 and available from 8/6/19 through 8/10/19.
For easy reservations and to be sure to get your special group rate of $128.00. Follow one of the steps below to reserve their room reservations:
1. Call the Centennial at 636.736.4071 and provide them with this group code PNWL0806
2. Or, click on this PNLA Booking Page and it gives information about how to book accommodations online.
3. Please note — there is an intermittent glitch with booking rooms at the conference rate — If you are having trouble booking your room at the conference rate — please contact Melissa Fisher – Conference Services Manager at Centennial Hotel and she can sort it out: email – email@example.com or phone (509) 755-6640
PNLA is committed to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, national origin, or religion. Harassment of conference participants in any form will not be tolerated.
Prohibited behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, appearance, political affiliation, or other group status.
- Sexual harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact.
- Yelling at or threatening conference presenters. This applies to in-person or virtual interactions.
Participants asked to stop a hostile or harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Conference participants violating these rules may be expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
If you are being harassed, observe someone else being harassed, or have concerns, please notify PNLA event organizers immediately. We will be happy to assist with immediate intervention or escort, and contacting law enforcement if necessary.
We value your attendance and well-being!
If you have questions about the conference or are interested in being a vendor — please contact Rick Stoddart – PNLA Conference Chair.