PNLA 2019 Conference
Please hold the dates of August 7-9, 2019 for the next PNLA conference which will be held in Spokane, Washington at the Centennial Hotel.
Early Bird Registration will go live in 2019. Be on the look out for notices and updates.
Early Bird Rates
Early Bird for PNLA Members: $250
Early Bird for non-PNLA Members: $275 (includes a PNLA Membership!)
Regular conference rates
PNLA Member: $300
Non-PNLA Member: $325 (includes a PNLA membership!)
PNLA LEADS alumni will receive a $10 discount on conference registration.
Be on the look out of the coupon code.
The city of Spokane is served by the Spokane Airport a short 15 minute drive away. The conference hotel is the Centennial Hotel located downtown along the Spokane River. The conference hotel rate is $128 and available from 8/6/19 through 8/10/19.
Call for Participation
You are invited to submit program proposals for the 2019 PNLA Conference in Spokane, Washington on August 7-9th. The theme for the conference is Libraries Leading the Way. PNLA is seeking programming that focuses on:
- Library leadership skills such as communication, conflict resolution, strategic planning, etc.
- Outreach to diverse and underrepresented patron groups
- Rural and small libraries
- Young readers and community literacy
- New library-related competencies and workplace skills
- Technology and innovation
- Information literacy and #CritLib
- Equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Reader’s Advisory
- Sessions of interest to school, public, academic, and special libraries.
Program sessions will be either be 75 minutes, 45 minutes, or 10 minutes lightning talks. PNLA is also seeking proposals to be considered for longer pre-conference sessions as well. The deadline for submissions is February 28, 2019 and submissions will receive a response from the planning committee by March 31st, 2018.
You will be asked for program and contact information including a 100-250 word abstract.
If you have questions about the conference or are interested in being a vendor — please contact Rick Stoddart – PNLA Conference Chair.