Silent Auction to benefit PNLA LEADS Institute
- Thursday, August 2 10:00 am – Friday, August 3 2:00 pm
- LEADS is one of PNLA’s signature activities. This leadership institute occurs every other year and is open to library workers at any level. Every year during the annual conference we hold a silent auction to benefit this event. It is a fun way to find treasures to take home and help ensure the continuation of the LEADS tradition!
Corks and Cans: $35
- Thursday, August 2
- Shark Rodeo, the band that so entertained us at the Helena conference, will come back for an encore performance at this year’s event!
- The event this year will be held in the Fireside Room of the Red Lion Kalispell. This lounge is perfect for an evening of food and fun! A cash bar will be available.
Open House at ImagineIf Libraries’ Kalispell branch
- Thursday, August 2 from 3:00-5:00
- 247 1st Ave E
- Meet with staff and explore the main branch of this innovative library system.
President’s Reception – Let’s talk!
- Friday, August 3, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Drop in anytime during this last-chance networking event. This event will be a great chance to snag one more chat with new friends and professional contacts, and PNLA Board members will be on hand to discuss your visions for the future of PNLA.
Librarians and Friends Hike
- Saturday, August 4
- Are you interested in a short day hike in Glacier Park? The date of the 15th Annual Librarians & Friends Hike coincides with the PNLA conference in Kalispell! This is a highly anticipated annual event in the area, and this year we have been invited to join in the fun!
- This year’s adventure will be a leisurely hike to Avalanche Lake. The trail starts on the boardwalk known as the Trail of the Cedars, then branches off to a more uneven trail to Avalanche Lake. Box lunches will be provided for conference participants to take and enjoy beside the lake before returning to the trailhead. The distance will total about 5 miles altogether. More information about the trail can be found at: www.hikingglacier.com/avalanche-lake.htm