PNLA 2019 Conference
The PNLA conference is August 7-9, 2019 and will be held in Spokane, Washington at the Centennial Hotel.
Tentative Conference Schedule
PNLA is using the app SCHED to display its schedule and allow conference goers to construct their our schedule, share information over social media, and view as a mobile app. You can view the tentative schedule via this link https://pnla2019.sched.com/
or by downloading the SCHED app on your mobile device via your mobile app store.
Early Bird Rates ended July 8th — Regular conference rates currently available:
- Full conference for PNLA Members: $300
- Full conference for non-PNLA Members: $325 (includes a PNLA Membership!)
- Thursday or Friday individual day registration for PNLA Members: $150
- Thursday or Friday individual day registration for non-PNLA Members: $175
- Additional meals for spouses/family/travel companions are available as a courtesy to conference registrants for $10 a meal.
- Vendors: $250 (includes meals for Thursday and Friday)
- Leadership to Make a Difference Pre-Conference: $65 (Session is full)
PNLA LEADS alumni will receive a $10 discount on conference registration. Contact the conference chair for the LEADS conference discount code – email@example.com.
- 100% refund if you have registered within the early registration period and then cancel your registration on or before July 7
- 100% refund if you cancel within 72 hours of registering after July 7
The city of Spokane is served by the Spokane Airport a short 15 minute drive away.
The conference hotel is the Centennial Hotel located downtown along the Spokane River.
The PNLA conference hotel room block rate has been released to public as of Monday 7/8/19. Room availability is based on current occupancy of hotel and the rate might not be honored by the hotel.
Please contact the hotel directly to see if they will honor the hotel rate of $128 for available rooms from 8/6/19 through 8/10/19. The hotel contact person is Melissa Fisher – Conference Services Manager at Centennial Hotel.
email – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (509) 755-6640
LEADERSHIP TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE (This session is full)
A 3 hour morning workshop lead by experts from the University of Idaho Extension to help build leadership skills that will positively impact libraries and their communities.
This workshop is designed to assist people in developing a greater understanding of self, others and community. Working with Others is one segment the Leadership to Make a Difference Institute, focused on the development of basic leadership skills necessary for planning, leading and supporting positive intentional community change.
Leadership to Make a Difference Pre-Conference: $65 (This session is full)
PNLA is committed to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, national origin, or religion. Harassment of conference participants in any form will not be tolerated.
Prohibited behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, appearance, political affiliation, or other group status.
- Sexual harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact.
- Yelling at or threatening conference presenters. This applies to in-person or virtual interactions.
Participants asked to stop a hostile or harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Conference participants violating these rules may be expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
If you are being harassed, observe someone else being harassed, or have concerns, please notify PNLA event organizers immediately. We will be happy to assist with immediate intervention or escort, and contacting law enforcement if necessary.
We value your attendance and well-being!
If you have questions about the conference or are interested in being a vendor — please contact Rick Stoddart – PNLA Conference Chair.