NEW PNLA LISTSERV PLATFORM
June 1st — the PNLA Listserv transitioned its listserv from Yahoo to Groups.io. Yahoo is no longer maintaining their listserv service. Groups.io will allow for greater functionality for PNLA and its membership.
You will not have to do anything to remain on the listserv. We will take care of it for you. We will begin transferring over the PNLA listserv directory to the new platform in the coming weeks. PNLA assumes that by having a currently actively listserv subscription that you want to remain on the PNLA listserv. If that is not the case let us know or to unsubscribe yourself, send and email to PNLAfirstname.lastname@example.org
Below are the new listserv email address functions.
- Post: PNLA@groups.io
- Subscribe: PNLAemail@example.com
- Unsubscribe: PNLAfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Owner: PNLAemail@example.com
- Help: PNLAfirstname.lastname@example.org
And this is the new PNLA listserv homepage: https://groups.io/g/PNLA
The following types of postings are encouraged on this list:
1. Job postings – We encourage libraries throughout the region to advertise job openings on this list.
2. Continuing education and other events – Postings of educational opportunities and other events are always welcome. Go ahead and advertise. Just keep it library-related and non-commercial (events that charge fees are okay, they just need to be more-or-less non-profit).
3. Intellectual freedom – Have an ‘IF’ problem? Want to report on an IF ‘event’? Do it here. Please try to keep things non-political. There are two sides to every question.
4. PNLA business – The entire PNLA Board of Directors is subscribed and listening attentively to your ideas about PNLA. This means suggestions for programs at upcoming PNLA conferences, or any other comments or suggestions for the organization.
5. Other information – Any other topic you think would be of interest to the Pacific Northwest library community. Observe basic etiquette, please. Currently, this list is open (anyone who has an email address can join the list) and unmoderated (only list members can post messages), but this can be changed in the future if circumstances require it.
6. Observe basic etiquette – Flaming, baiting, and other forms of nasty email will force the list manager to do nasty things like issue warnings and unsubscribe offenders. Please try to keep it civil and non-personal.
7. Advertising. Due to the large numbers of vendors (who support us in so many ways), the PNLA list will accept advertisements for new books, services, etc. during the first week of each month. Please put ADV in the subject heading.
The YAHOO listserv platform has now sunsetted.
Available via Yahoo only. Please contact the List Manager for access.
About the PNLA-L List
email@example.comThe PNLA-L mailing list is intended to cover a variety of library-related interests in the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. We hope you’ll find the list useful and enjoy sharing in this unique community. If you have any questions about the Rules of the Road or how the list is run, please contact the list manager. Messages to this list should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining the list
To subscribe, mail to: email@example.com
In message body: leave blank
To unsubscribe, mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In message body: leave blank
To participate, mail to: email@example.com
In message body: useful information