Save the date August 3-6, 2022!
Join us for an exciting tri-conference with the Montana Library Association (MLA) and the Mountain Plains Library Association (MPLA).
The location will be the Holiday Inn Downtown Missoula, Montana (200 South Pattee in Missoula). Stay tuned for more information.
Be watching for requests for session proposals later this fall.
The 2023 conference will be in Post Falls, Idaho – preparations are already underway!
The Young Reader’s Choice Award (YRCA) 2021 polls are now open!
Voting is open until April 15th.
- What initiatives are library professionals taking in the world of publishing?
- How do you use, store, and search data?
- How do you support Open Education Resources?
- Is your library embracing Open Access?
- How are you connecting people with Open Research Data?
- How do the restraints of traditional publishing impact your patrons, and what solutions can you envision?
- Conversely, what unique research problems do we face when information is lost, hidden, closed, or destroyed?
- What does Open look like at non-academic libraries?
Let’s talk openly about Open!
Submissions Due May 15, 2021
Contact the PNLA Quarterly editors with any submissions questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA) is actively recruiting candidates for the position of Treasurer for a special election to be held in April 2021. The Treasurer position is a reimagined role within PNLA and now works in partnership with the PNLA Business Manager to guide PNLA financial decisions. The Business Manager will provide financial expertise, infrastructure, and support for the Treasurer in their duties.
Requirements for the PNLA Treasurer position
- Is a PNLA member in good standing
- Resides in the Pacific Northwest
- Ability to receive mail at PO box or other secure location
- Ability to attend quarterly PNLA Board meetings online
Preferred knowledge, skills, or abilities for the PNLA Treasurer position includes:
- Ability to understand financial concepts, transactions, and reports
- Experience with budgets
As this is a special election to fill a vacancy, this Treasurer will serve the remainder of the current term until August 2022.
Recruitment is open until March 26th, 2021.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to: Stoddartrick@yahoo.com
Not a Facebook or Twitter user?
Would you like to to engage with other Pacific Northwest Library Association members?
Join the PNLA Mailing List (aka Listserv) to keep up-to-date with PNLA news and events, and interact other members of the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada library community.
The Pacific Northwest Library Association is happy to announce that Nicole Thode has been elected as their new Vice-President/President Elect.
Nicole Thode is in her 13th year of employment at Timberland Regional Library and is currently a Library Manager at the Tumwater branch. She has experience in both academic and public libraries and has worked as a Children’s librarian and Teen Services librarian before switching gears into library management.
As a Library Manager, she has worked in small, medium and large libraries that have been located in very rural locations, such as the very small Waialua Public Library on the North Shore of Oahu, to larger cities, such as the Tumwater Timberland Library in Thurston County, WA.
From event planning, to striving for the perfect workflow, Nicole enjoys puzzling out the details and finding solutions that improve the lives of others.
The PNLA Virtual Poster Session is live! Posters are now available to view. You’ll be able to chat with presenters via commenting from August 4th-7th, after that commenting will be turned off, but the posters will remain on the PNLA site.
Professional growth, cross-border collaboration, camaraderie, a chance to give back to our profession… there’s a valuable opportunity we’re excited to tell you about!
The Pacific Northwest Library Association is recruiting two positions:
1. Vice President/President-Elect (3-year commitment)
- Serves a one-year term as Vice-President starting in August 2020
- Assumes as PNLA President after 2021 PNLA Conference (August 2021)
- Serves on PNLA Board in past-President position after PNLA/MPLA joint conference (August 2022)
2. PNLA Treasurer (2-year term)
- Serves as PNLA financial officer starting August 2020
Founded in 1909, PNLA is an international organization focused on building a community of librarians, library staff, and libraries staff from across the Pacific Northwest. Signature services include the Young Reader’s Choice Award, PNLA Job Board, Library Leadership (LEADS), PNLA Quarterly, and the regional PNLA Conference.
If you would like to nominate yourself for one of these wonderful service opportunities, please do so by Friday, July 3rd by emailing Ilana Kingsley, PNLA Second VP/ Membership Chair (email@example.com).
Please include a short bio. Nominees must be members in good standing of PNLA by the time voting takes place. If you need more information about these positions — please get in touch.
The Pacific Northwest Library Association invites proposals for its Virtual Poster Session, to be held August 4-7, 2020. Proposals are due June 12 22, 2020.
This online event will be free to all participants and attendees, and presentations will be given asynchronously.
Presenter names will be entered into a drawing to receive a free one-year PNLA membership. Up to 5 names will be drawn.
To learn about this virtual poster session, and to submit a proposal, see https://pnla.org/virtual-poster-session-2020/