Help support library initiatives in the Pacific Northwest by becoming a member of PNLA!
Membership is open to anyone with interest in the library and information profession. Membership runs 12 months from the month in which it is first taken out. PNLA draws its membership primarily from Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, and Washington. The library associations from these provinces and states may appoint or elect a representative to the PNLA Board of Directors.
Why Become a Member of PNLA?
By becoming a PNLA member you will:
- Develop your professional network across 5 U.S. states and 2 Canadian provinces–library memberships includes access to the PNLA Membership Directory
- Receive preferred pricing for the Annual PNLA Conference
- Support PNLA initiatives including:
- Engage in leadership activities by becoming part of the PNLA Board
- Have the right to vote in PLNA elections
Types of Membership
- Individual: American $60.00 (USD) or Canadian $45.00 (USD)
For anyone who works in or is interested in libraries.
- Institutional: American $150.00 (USD) or Canadian $120.00 (USD)
For libraries or other institutions. Institutions will receive one vote per election, and can send an unlimited number of employees to the annual PNLA conference at the PNLA member rate.
- Retiree: American $25.00 (USD) or Canadian $20.00 (USD)
For anyone retired from the library profession.
- Student: American $25.00 (USD) or Canadian $20.00 (USD)
For students – may be renewed up to 2 times while still a student
- Library Vendor: $150.00 (USD)
For conference vendors – includes discounts on exhibit registration at the annual PNLA Conference
- Lifetime: bestowed by PNLA for outstanding service
Sign up for recurring payments by selecting the type of membership you would like with that option when taking out a membership or when it is time to renew.
Join PNLA for the first time by selecting your membership level then clicking on next to begin.
Renew or update your membership and contact information. Login with your email address and password. If this is your first time logging in, use ‘forgot your password’ to set a new password. Once this is complete, you can continue with the login process.
To pay with a check instead of a credit card, select ‘invoice me’ when asked to pay and an invoice will automatically be emailed to you. Print the invoice and mail a check to:
c/o King County Library System
960 Newport Way NW
Issaquah WA 98027
Thank you for joining the Pacific Northwest Library Association!